- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- GIVING BACK
WELCOME TO NEW YORK REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
The Real Estate Board of New York is committed to offering best-in-class education and professional development for real estate professionals. From pre-licensing courses to advanced designations to ongoing professional networking, REBNY is here to support you in your growth and development.
New members of REBNY’s Commercial and Residential Brokerage Divisions attend an Ethics Course. In this course, new members review the REBNY Code of Ethics and the Universal Co-Brokerage Agreement with industry leaders. This course is required and free of charge to new members. Seating is limited.
Download the Code of Ethics
LICENSING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
REBNY offers several courses to prepare you to obtain or maintain your license. These courses can be taken in-person or online at your own pace. All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
Upcoming Qualifying and Licensing Course
- Check back for upcoming courses
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses
- SEP 21Commercial Real Estate Market Transactions - Broker Insights 2hrs
- SEP 22Recent Legal Matters in New York State 1hr.
- SEP 23State of The Residential Mortgage Market 2hrs.
- SEP 30The Business Case for High Performance Buildings 3hrs.
- OCT 1Elements of Interior Design: Identifying Permanent Materials & Finishes 2hrs.
- OCT 5Anatomy of a Retail Deal 2hrs.
- OCT 8Fundamentals of Property Valuations 2.5hrs.
- OCT 14Fair Housing 3hrs.
- OCT 21Agency Law Intensive 2hrs.
- OCT 22Mortgage Math 101 2hrs.
- OCT 26How to Analyze an Investment Deal 2.5hrs
- OCT 28State of The Residential Mortgage Market 2hrs.
- NOV 5Negotiating to Achieve Client Goals 2hrs.
- NOV 9Coop and Condo Due Diligence 2.5hrs.
- NOV 10From Application to Signing – What Every Agent Must Know 2.5hrs.
- NOV 16State of The Residential Mortgage Market 2hrs
- DEC 2Agency Law Intensive 2hrs.
- DEC 9Fair Housing 3hrs.
- DEC 16Mortgage Math 101 2hrs.
Important Notice from New York Department of State
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property along with the updated requirement of at least 1 hour of law of agency. If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours of agency along with the other designated educational hours. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
All REBNY courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements are indicated by an asterisk * in the title.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, a list of courses which meet the agency requirement can be found on their website, www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement. The Division is in the process of adopting regulations that will allow for the approval of 1 hour courses.
Take Real Estate Liscensing and Continuing Education Courses online on your own schedule.
All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
REBNY offers a range of higher education courses for professionals. Completion of these courses can provide significant career advantages and distinction.
Upcoming CNE Core Concepts Available Courses
- No courses found
Upcoming CNE Advanced Concepts Available Courses
- No courses found
REBNY offers several non-credit seminars that real estate professionals can take to further their knowledge of the industry. Notable field experts teach these residential and commercial seminars.