- John H. Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
WELCOME TO NEW YORK REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
The Real Estate Board of New York is committed to offering best-in-class education and professional development for real estate professionals. From pre-licensing courses to advanced designations to ongoing professional networking, REBNY is here to support you in your growth and development.
New members of REBNY’s Commercial and Residential Brokerage Divisions attend an Ethics Course. In this course, new members review the REBNY Code of Ethics and the Universal Co-Brokerage Agreement with industry leaders. This course is required and free of charge to new members. Seating is limited.
LICENSING AND CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
REBNY offers several courses to prepare you to obtain or maintain your license. These courses can be taken in-person or online at your own pace. All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
Upcoming Qualifying and Licensing Course
Upcoming Continuing Education Courses
- JUL 117.5 hour:The Dictionary of a Typical Com Lease(Meet FH and Law Of Agency requirement)
- JUL 127.5 hour: The Landlord and the Property
- JUL 137.5 hour: Financial Analysis Formulas
- JUL 1672-hour Florida Broker Licensing Course
- JUL 187.5 hour: **Real Estate Law-(Meet FH & 2 hrs Law of Agency Req)** Can be applied to NYCP Designation
- JUL 247.5- hour: CNE Part A - Whom Do You Represent?
- JUL 257.5-hour: CNE Part B - Whom Do You Represent?
- AUG 87.5 hour: The Dictionary of a Typical Com Lease(Meet FH and Law Of Agency requirement)
- AUG 97.5 hour: Understanding Investment Property
- AUG 107.5 hour: Analyzing Investment Property
Important Notice from New York Department of State
Effective January 1, 2017, any real estate licensee who renews their license must have completed 22 ½ hours of approved continuing education, three hours of which must include fair housing and/or discrimination in the sale or rental of real property or an interest in real property along with the updated requirement of at least 1 hour of law of agency. If a salesperson is within their first license term, they must complete 2 hours of agency along with the other designated educational hours. This change does not apply to those licensees who are exempt from the continuing education requirement.
All REBNY courses that meet the Fair Housing and Law of Agency Requirements are indicated by an asterisk * in the title.
To assist you in locating courses or help you determine whether you have already met the requirement, a list of courses which meet the agency requirement can be found on their website, www.dos.ny.gov/licensing. Any existing approved course that contains the topic of agency within the coursework will satisfy either the 1 or 2 hour requirement. The Division is in the process of adopting regulations that will allow for the approval of 1 hour courses.
Take Real Estate Liscensing and Continuing Education Courses online on your own schedule.
All qualifying and continuing education courses are accredited by the NYS Department of State.
REBNY offers a range of higher education courses for professionals. Completion of these courses can provide significant career advantages and distinction.
REBNY offers several non-credit seminars that real estate professionals can take to further their knowledge of the industry. Notable field experts teach these residential and commercial seminars.