- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Fair Housing Fridays
December 6, 2019
The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) is committed to doing everything possible to provide each and every one of our members with the resources necessary to continue to comply with the Fair Housing Act and all Fair Housing laws.
REBNY has launched a new program called Fair Housing Fridays - a weekly email from our REBNY’s Broker Counsel, Neil Garfinkel. Each week we will highlight a different area or question for our members related to fair housing compliance.
The additional fair housing resources and education offerings are available:
- Fair Housing classes are offered at REBNY multiple times per month. View the events calendar
- The REBNY Legal Line, hosted by REBNY's Broker Counsel Neil Garfinkel, is available to address your legal inquiries, including Fair Housing questions. Call the Legal Line
- A new program, Core Legal Concepts for the Successful Real Estate Agent, is a 7.5 hour deep-dive on legal issues, which includes 3 hours of Fair Housing continuing education. Register for the Jan 24 course
- Compliance regulations in the REBNY Residential Listing Service identify and address Fair Housing violations contained in listing information. Read the guidelines
- REBNY members are required to follow our Code of Ethics and Professional Practices and to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, harassment and/or bias on the basis of all protected classes. For an overview of the protected classes in New York City, please click here.
- Subscribe to REBNY's Newsletters for the latest updates: Commercial Newsletter | Residential Newsletter