- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- James Whelan | REBNY President
- John H. Banks | REBNY President Emeritus
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REBNY Value Proposition
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
Statement By Real Estate Board of New York President James Whelan on the 2020 Census
July 3, 2019
"An accurate census is critical to ensure New Yorkers recoup our fair share of over $40 billion more in tax payments we send to the federal government than we receive back in federal spending each year. Yesterday's decision is an important step to ensuring an accurate count. Adding a question about citizenship would have skewed census results by driving away vulnerable New Yorkers with fears over their immigration status, and in the process, prevented the vital collection of data to plan for New York City's future."
- James Whelan, REBNY President.