- John H. Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
REBNY’S Longest Serving President Honored at Industry’s Biggest Event of the Year: REBNY’s 119th Annual Banquet
January 23, 2015
--Mayor Bill de Blasio among hundreds of industry leaders and high-profile guests --
For the 119th time, The Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) brought out the industry’s best for its annual banquet last night, which, this year, honored its longest-serving President Steven Spinola. Mayor Bill de Blasio was among the many State and City leaders who attended the leading trade association’s 119th Annual Banquet, known by the industry as real estate’s biggest night of the year.
William C. Rudin, Barbara Fox, Peter Hauspurg, Daniel M. Kindbergh, and Glen Weiss were also honored at the exclusive event, which attracted more than 2,300 of New York City’s most influential industry leaders, elected officials, and the city’s top real estate professionals to toast the successes of 2014 and look ahead to what looks to be a busy 2015.
“We are enormously proud to honor our dear friend Steven Spinola for all the spectacular work he does for our industry. For nearly three decades, through good times and bad, Steve’s professionalism, thoughtful advocacy, and generosity of spirit has inspired our community,” said REBNY Chairman Rob Speyer. “We salute Steve and our other distinguished award winners for their exceptional contributions to New York City and the entire industry.”
Pictured (L-R): REBNY President Steven Spinola, Mayor Bill de Blasio, and REBNY Chairman Rob Speyer.
In addition to REBNY members and their guests, many public officials attended the event including: Mayor Bill de Blasio, Senator Charles Schumer, Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, New York City Comptroller Scott Stringer, New York City Public Advocate Letitia James, Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, and Queens Borough President Melinda Katz, among others.
The REBNY Board of Governors cocktail party benefiting the REBNY Foundation was, as always, a main attraction bringing together hundreds of guests including those seated at the dais.
Networking continued after cocktails and throughout the evening as the six honored industry leaders were presented with their esteemed awards.
This year’s honorees were:
- Steven Spinola, President of REBNY, received The Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award, which is presented to an industry member for invaluable contributions to New York’s civic welfare and to the real estate community.
- William C. Rudin, CEO & Vice Chairman of Rudin Management Company, Inc., who received The Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award, which is presented each year to a REBNY member for a lifetime of exceptional accomplishment in the profession and dedication to leadership in New York real estate.
- Barbara Fox, President of Fox Residential Group, Inc., who received The Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award, which recognizes meritorious service to the community by a REBNY member.
- Peter Hauspurg, Chairman & CEO of Eastern Consolidated, who received The Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award, which honors an executive who exemplifies the characteristics of a successful commercial broker.
- Daniel M. Kindbergh, Senior Vice President, Operations, U.S. Office Division at Brookfield Property Partners, who received The George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award, which recognizes individuals of superior accomplishment in the commercial management industry based on outstanding professionalism, civic achievement, and contributions to the real estate industry.
- Glen Weiss, Executive Vice President – Director of Leasing at Vornado Realty Trust, who received The Young Real Estate Man of the Year Award, selected by the Young Men's/Women's Real Estate Association of New York on the basis of integrity, professionalism and personal ethics.