- John H. Banks | REBNY President
- William C. Rudin | REBNY Chairperson
- Code of Ethics
- REBNY Residential Listing Service
- Become a Member
- Benefits & Rewards
- REBNY Action Network
- REBNY Services
- Our History
- Contact Us
- Looking for a NYC real estate broker?
- Contests & Awards
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- REAL ESTATE EDUCATION
- MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
- GIVING BACK
An Analysis of Landmarked Properties in Manhattan
July 11, 2013
An updated analysis of properties in Manhattan revealed that more than one in four properties is landmarked, significantly more than the one in ten properties figure that is commonly reported.
Here is a look at the most significant numbers in Manhattan:
- 27.7% of properties in Manhattan are landmarked.
- 11,857 landmarked properties in Manhattan.
- 70% of properties in Community Districts 2 and 7 are landmarked.
- 93% of all landmarked properties in Manhattan are located in historic districts.
- 48 vacant lots and 50 parking lots representing approximately 2.6 million sq. ft. of development potential on landmarked properties in Manhattan.